Waltham Forest Immigration Bureau – UK Visas & Nationality

Whether you are planning to visit, reside or extend your stay in the UK, Waltham Forest Immigration Bureau provides specialist advice, representation and advocacy in all immigration matters. We pride ourselves in our community-based service with a flexible approach.

Regardless if you are making an application to the UK Visa & Immigration in – country or to a British Consulate, we can fully prepare your case from the beginning to the end.

Our offices are approved and regulated by the OISC to provide advice, representation and advocacy in all Asylum, Immigration and Nationality matters at level 3. We remain as accessible as possible 6 days a week. No appointment necessary, just pop in and chat to us!

In addition, we also provide outreach appointments at a time and location convenient to you. We are also available by appointment on weekends. So if your looking to future in the UK, there’s no better time to book an appointment with us. Pop in and see us or call us now: 07587 980 705

Community payback – its our pledge

Despite our private practice status (non-charity), we strongly believe in supporting the local community we serve. Our working ethos is to help as many disadvantaged and vulnerable members of our society not necessarily costing them a great deal (in some cases, nothing at all). We know all too well of the implications of unsettled status in the UK and affects that has not only on the individuals and their families, but the wider community too. Due to the years of government budget cuts on legal representation, most immigration matters no longer attract legal aid. We want to overcome this hardship by giving something back to our local residents for nothing. NoteHome Office fees may still apply.

In time, we hope local authorities will support our pledge to help as many as possible, providing us the contacts, support and funding to help others.


We provide advice and representation in all immigration categories. We are registered at OISC Level 3 and specialise in Advice – Representation – Advocacy:

Student Tier 4 Visas

You can apply as child or and adult for a UK student visa under the immigration points-based system. As an adult (general) visa you will need to score 40 points in total to gain your visa. You must score 30 points by providing a confirmation of acceptance of studies from an approved education provider and 10 points for having maintenance funds. Click here for Businesses & Sponsors.

If your application is successful, you generally will be permitted to remain in the UK for the full length of your course and for a short time after, at which stage you will need to leave the UK unless you have applied to extend your stay or switch to another immigration category.

Spouse Entry Clearance/ Leave to Remain

If you are a national of a country that falls within the European Economic Area (EEA), or a national of Switzerland, you automatically have the right to live, work and study in the UK. Under European Law (EEA Regulations) you do not need to make an application for permission to enter or remain in the UK. However, on a long term and practical basis it is recommended that such rights are registered with the Home Office.

As of 1 January 2014, Bulgarians and Romanians have also acquired the same rights to work in the UK as other EU citizens. Those temporary restrictions on the kind of jobs that could be taken have now been removed. Although it is not mandatory to do so, if you intend to remain in the UK on a long-term basis, it is highly recommended that you register your treaty rights in the UK.

Business Work Permits and EEA Applications

Non-European nationals can apply to enter or remain in the UK as either the partner of a British citizen or a person with settled status. If you are outside the UK you must obtain your visa before travelling. Whether your are in the UK and wish to vary your leave to a spouse visa or if you are outside the UK, we can fully represent your case and help you through the immigration process.

As the non-European spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person with settled status, subject to satisfying the criteria under the Immigration Rules (including suitability, relationship, financial and English language requirements), you will be given permission to stay in the UK for 30 months. If you continue to meet all the requirements you can apply to stay for a further 30 months.

Tribunal Appeal Advocacy

If you have made an application to the Home Office and it has been refused, you may be entitled to appeal the decision to the Immigration Tribunals in the UK. Whether an application was made in the UK or Overseas, all appeals are heard in the UK at the First Tier Tribunals of the Asylum & Immigration Chamber.

Whilst it is not possible to appeal against every refusal, it may be possible to seek an administrative or judicial review of a decision that does not attract a right of appeal. In the absence of a legal remedy, an application to the High Court is the final straw for justice within the UK legal jurisdiction.

Appeals of decisions made by the Home Office can be complex. A high level of preparation is required in order to adequately challenge the Home Office’s decision before an independent Immigration Judge. Seeking the advice and representation of an immigration advocate is highly recommended. This is what we do best – advocacy on appeals.

Immigration Judge’s Bail is also considered by UK Tribunal upon lodging an application for a hearing. Thousands of failed asylum seekers and individuals with illegal status face the risk of detention under UK immigration powers. We specialise in fast-track and detention matters in order to secure a grant of bail.

We provide the service you need

Full Representation

Find out more  


Find out more  

Outreach Visits

Find out more  

Document Checking

Find out more